20 Feb Love Your Pet Day
Today is national “Love Your Pet Day”! Isn’t every day “Love Your Pet Day”? Like us pet parents need a reason to show some love to our pets:) How are you going to celebrate? We have a few suggestions!
Top 10 ways to show some LOVE to your PET!
- Take your pet for a nice walk. Since it’s winter in Indiana, a nice warm day is a treat. Take advantage of those nice days with a brisk 20 minute walk around your neighborhood. You both will benefit from the fresh air and the added exercise.
- Have a doggie spa day. Fill your tub with your pets favorite wash and scrub away. Then blow dry, brush and massage your pups paws with some coconut oil. A nice bow, or new collar might make them feel extra special.
- Host a doggie play date. Have a neighbor dog that your pup enjoys playing with? Invite them over, even if it’s just for 30 minutes to an hour. They will both enjoy the fun playtime and exercise.
- Bake some dog approved treats. Invite your doggie parent friends over and do some baking. When your finished you and your friends will have delicious home made goodies to give to your dogs. Always remember to check with your veterinarian before changing or adding foods to your pets’ diet. National Biscuit Day Apple Cheddar Biscuits
- Share a picture of your dog on social media. Who knows you may have the next internet sensation. Take it a step further and create a social media page just for your dog.
- Give your dog a new toy. Do you like making crafts? Here is a make your own dog toy that’s easy and fun.
- Just snuggle. Pets love when we give them any attention, so a little more definitely won’t bother them.
- Take your dog to work, spend the day with them. If work approves maybe take you dog with you for the day. Dogs love a change of scenery.
- Go to the dog park. If you are fortunate to live by a dog park, take them there after work or during the day. Here are a list of dog parks around Indiana.
- Schedule your dogs wellness visit with your veterinarian. Making sure your dog is kept up to date with their vaccines and wellness visits is the ultimate way to show your dog some love! Looking for a veterinarian? Use the IVMA “Find A Local Veterinarian” Search.